Saturday, November 20, 2004

 

Thought and Action

The sentiment in my post regarding Target is real. There are things about life that extend beyond politics. I know this seems shocking. A company should not be impelled to support the Salvation Army for many reasons. But the human beings, who run that company should, in a moral sense, understand the role that they play in the community.

This is a thought I have not fleshed out yet. I am working on it. But I believe that there is something valuable about communities and traditions that we have lost in our current political debates.

As an example, if Boston’s Copley Plaza did not hang their gargantuan Christmas ornaments in their multi-story atrium action would be required. I would raise an Army from the hordes in Jesus Land, invade Boston, slaughter the Kennedys, and restore the right order of things.

Actually maybe I should start working on that immediately.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?