Sunday, March 20, 2005

 

This person collects a paycheck?

The New York Times Magazine has a brief interview every week that is conducted by Deborah Solomon. Below is a passage from this week's interview with a disgraced former White House reporter.

Should I call you Jim Guckert or Jeff Gannon?

My Amex card still comes in the name of James Guckert, but I want to be called Jeff Gannon. That is who I am.

Or rather it is the pseudonym under which you gained access to White House press briefings for two years, until your identity was revealed. Why do you think they let you in?

I don't know the answer to that. I don't know the criteria they use. I asked to be let in, and they allowed me to come. I was very fond of all the people in the press office. They treated me well. They probably treated me better than I deserved.

Are you suggesting that Bobby Eberle, the Republican operative who hired you to shill for his Gopusa under the guise of his Talon News service, has special access at the White House?

I just don't know the answer to that question.


What could the third question possibly have to do with the answer to the second question? How did Gannon "suggest" anything like "special access"? She isn't conducting an interview. She is asking a set of preconceived questions designed to insult and accuse. Solomon also did this to Samuel Huntington. She seemed to be under the impression that the famous Harvard liberal is an evil Conservative White male. Good job doing your homework, Solomon.

She also tried this on Buckley. It failed because Buckley wouldn't take her seriously. He must have realized that it is futile to argue with the wilfully ignorant.


Comments:
The Buckley interview was pretty entertaining. I wonder if her and Moore attended the same school of thought?
 
On a related note, I think that Plum Sykes worked Solomon in an interview also...what an idiot.
 
What an idiot or What idiots?

Sykes is an Oxford grad who writes about bimbo fashion hounds. Are we supposed to read this stuff?
 
Take your pick...it is left open-ended for a reason. It was a catfight at any rate. You are supposed to read about it for the same interesting value that it holds for blogging about it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?