Monday, May 23, 2005

 

Ah liberalism.

Today, dear reader, you will have to suffer through a personal anecdote.

While searching for condos in Washington, D.C. I asked my real estate agent if there was a high crime rate in a specific area. She said that she could not answer that question. I instantly remebered that I had to give the same answer during my time in real estate many years ago.

I guess some agents, many more years ago, used the phrase "high crime" to denote "black." This created defacto segregation, and to combat it the government forbade real estate agents to talk about crime.

So I cannot get important information vital to my safety from the person I am paying to give me important information. Forget the fact that there is nothing illegal about someone choosing to live in a low crime neighborhood, or in the ethnic ghetto of his choice. This is an absurd regulation. All in the name of racial politics.

What a country.

Comments:
Hope that the condo hunting goes well. I heard where you may have found a place...you should fit right in.

On a lighter note, you could check with local PD crime stats and demographics to better make your choice.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?