Sunday, December 18, 2005

 

Uncertainties

My weekend was extraordinary. Friday was spent with the lovely Nemesis family along with NinjaKitty and Zinga. Saturday night was spent at an old friend's Christmas party on Capitol Hill. It was a night full of great conversations with brilliant people.

I found myself discussing gay marriage with a lesbian. A very articulate and smart women, the conversation was not easy. I pride myself on honesty. I was not going to lie about my opinion that gay marriage is not socially good. And she was very respectful; it was another great conversation.

The problem is faced with the human reality, I am no longer as sure about my previous position. As stated before, gay marriage is a change in a 5,000 year old custom that will have unforeseen consequences and should not be forced on society through judicial decisions. However, this argument feels rather weak when confronted by a woman who wants to know why her love is not socially acceptable. How do you tell a human being that their relationship is unacceptable? That their love is wrong?

Comments:
You have something to tell us, DW??
 
Of course not.

Women like gay guys.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?