Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

The Intolerantly Tolerant

As you know, my dear readers, I put my faith in scotch, Reagan, tax cuts, and God, in that order. I am not the most spiritual of Americans and the damned Religious Right angers me just about every day.

However, this struck me as odd. The City Council of San Francisco has officially condemned a rally of evangelical teens. OK. I assume that this is because of their stance on free love and homosexuality. Of course, I see nothing wrong with being a pervert just enjoy your perversions in private.

A government entity has condemned a religious meeting. That may not be against the 1st Amendment but it sure undermines the spirit of Mr. Madison’s words. And someone please explain to me how a government can condemn the religious and yet can’t stop Nazis from marching?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?