Tuesday, July 18, 2006

 

A brush with fame

A few weeks ago an old friend called me and said she was going to be in DC that night. (Anne is very smart, funny, cute, and in a relationship. We may have to kill that boy.) There is a good story here that I have lost the energy to tell well. Basically, unbeknownst to me, Anne works at Comedy Central. She was in town to help Christian Finnegan record a live CD for Comedy Central. Anne, being awesome, put me on the guest list and all of my drinks were free. I also met Christian and his outstanding fiancée Kambri Crews. Anne, Christian, Kambri, and I had drinks after the show. It was a great time.

The irony here is that, I am told that Christian is a big name comedian and yet I had no idea who he was. I don’t watch television. I don’t even have cable. Talk about a cool moment wasted on a square. However, I will report to you, my dear reader, that he was unbelievably funny that night. I will also report that Kambri has an amazing life story. I will not even try to summarize it here. She has a blog that I recommend.

Hell of a night. It was a blast.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?