Sunday, February 22, 2009

 

Save the whales!

What the hell does this discussion mean? If Obama says that "cutting benefits is not the right answer; and that raising the retirement age is not the best option" to save Social Security how is he going to change anything? Oh, well he could raise taxes. Or just do whatever he wants, nobody seems to care that his campaign promises were a sham.


Obama on Meet the Press:

Q: You said earlier this year that everything should be on the table for Social Security, including looking at raising retirement age, indexing benefits, and then suddenly you said, "I'm taking them off the table."

A: That's not what I said. I said I will convene a meeting as president where we discuss all of the options that are available. I believe that cutting benefits is not the right answer; and that raising the retirement age is not the best option, particularly when we've got people who are still in manufacturing.

Q: But in May you said they would be on the table.

A: Well, I am going to be listening to any ideas that are presented, but I think that the best way to approach this is to adjust the cap on the payroll tax so that people like myself are paying a little bit more and the people who are in need are protected. That is the option that I will be pushing forward.

Q: But the other options would be on the table?

A: Well, I will listen to all arguments and the best options.

Source: Meet the Press: 2007 "Meet the Candidates" series Nov 11, 2007

Comments:
How the fuck is it that this guy escaped the minds of voters? Oh yeah, he is a novelty. If it isn't apparent that this administration doesn't know what the fuck they are doing/getting into, it will be very very soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?